Kingman’s Airport is located just nine miles northeast of the city on Route 66. The airport was originally built as the Kingman Army Air Field during World War II, it was home to the Aerial Gunnery School. Not long after the war, vast numbers of USAAF air crafts were kept and dismantled at the airport.
The airport was then passed over to Mohave County for public/civilian use back in 1949. Today, the airport has air charter services and air ambulance. It is has daily scheduled regional airline services to Las Vegas and Farmington. The airfield is continuing to be used as a place for long-term storage of air crafts thanks to its suitable large ramp space and a very long decommissioned runway.
For more information on the news and history here in Kingman, AZ visit https://kingmanmerchantsmall.com/category/spotlight-on-kingman