Port Kingman, the first airport in Kingman AZ, whose main runway was located along what is now known as Airfield Ave., Two famous aviators, Amelia Earhart and Charles Lindbergh, were present for the June 8, 1929 dedication. Lindbergh chose the location to be part of the Transcontinental Air Transport system. Kingman AZ Business Brown Drilling now occupies the original terminal building on N. Bank street. Most of the southwest region of Port Kingman is currently home to Mohave County Fairgrounds. It should be noted that Kingman’s first airport was also the state of Arizona’s first commercial airport.
For more information on interesting facts about Kingman AZ and Kingman AZ Business check out https://kingmanmerchantsmall.com/